World Health Organization confirms COVID-19 as Pandemic
A pandemic is an epidemic of disease that has spread across a large region; for instance multiple continents, or worldwide.
“WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction,” said Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, World Health Organization director-general.
He also called on governments to change the course of the outbreak by taking “urgent and aggressive action”
“Several countries have demonstrated that this virus can be suppressed and controlled,” he said.
“The challenge for many countries who are now dealing with large clusters or community transmission is not whether they can do the same – it’s whether they will.”
“We’re in this together to do the right things with calm and protect the citizens of the world. It’s doable,” he said.
- USD 500,000 worth Bitcoin payments made before Capitol Attacks
- Worlds most powerful weapon-North Korea Missile
- Brazil sends special Aircraft to India for Vaccines
- Covid-19: Patients airlifted to other states due to shortage of oxygen supply in Manaus, Brazil
- A 6.2 magnitude earthquake Hits Indonesia