USA: President Trump is not expecting a war with Iran
American President Donald Trump said here on Tuesday that after pro-Iranian protesters invaded the U.S. consulate in Iraq, he did not anticipate a conflict with Tehran.
“I do not see that occurring,” Trump said that when a journalist faced with the prospect of a war with the Islamic Republic at his vacation flee in Florida.
“I want love,” said that the president before going into to the festivities of the New Year.
The president said that after Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said the same about 750 troops from the 82nd Airborne Division’s quick response group are ready to commit to the Middle East over the next few days.
After assault Tuesday, which left thick black smoke increasing from the opening of the chemical and further increased tension between Tehran and Washington, the US had already flown a rapid response team of Marines to Baghdad to reinforce its consulate.
USA authorities said that there were no arrangements to abandon the mission, but there were no confirmed deaths to U.S. staff.
The U.S. replacements were “going very fast in there,” Trump claimed.
“I believe it was very well done.”
He said that “there won’t be a Benghazi,” a reaction to an attempt on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, Libya in 2012 by radical Islamists. Inside the smoke-clogged house, four Americans were killed, along with the ambassador, Chris Stevens.