UP family consumes ‘ganja’ thinking its ‘methi’ and all get hospitalized

UP family consumes 'ganja' thinking its 'methi' and all get hospitalized

UP family consumes ‘ganja’ thinking its ‘methi’ and all get hospitalized

In a bizarre incident reported from Uttar Pradesh’s Kannauj, a family cooked ‘ganja sabzi’ and ate it thinking it was methi (fenugreek). The incident was reported from Miyaganj village on Saturday.

Usually, a stoner’s go-to answer when a family member finds a packet of weed in their possession is to call it methi leaves! That’s a very simple cover-up, considering how similar methi leaves and weed look.

Which is why, when a man in Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh, named Naval Kishore jokingly gave a packet of weed or ganja to a fellow villager’s son, Nitesh, and claimed it was methi, the latter didn’t realise. He went on to give the packet of weed to his sister-in-law and asked her to make a sabzi out of it. According to reports, the family of six, unknowingly consumed the ‘ganja sabzi’.

Minutes after they were done eating their food, the family started feeling uncomfortable and requested their neighbours to call a doctor. While their neighbours were getting help, the entire family fainted. 

When the police arrived for an investigation, the found the sabzi on a cooking pan as well as the remaining packet of weed. They have detained Naval Kishore – the man who made the entire mess.

On interrogating him, Naval Kishore said, “Maine mazak mazak mein ganje ke pattiya de di thi.” Authorities further confirmed that a case will be registered after a formal complaint is filed. 

Besides the light-headedness, the family is slowly recovering and is under medical care.

Such kind of jokes involving intoxicants can end up in fatal consequences, we encourage people to be more responsible and must refrain from such acts.

Paid Content