Qatar’s bus and metro services to resume at 30% capacity
Qatar’s Ministry of Transport and Communication (MOTC) announced that public transit (buses and metro) services will resume at 30 percent capacity as of Tuesday, September 1 as Phase 4 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 curbs on public transit systems begin.
The MOTC published various guidelines to be followed by the buses and metro services as part of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar.
As Qatar continues its previous decisions and measures to ensure the wellbeing and safety of its citizens and residents to stop the spread of COVID-19, the MOTC has decided to:
- Resuming public transit (buses and metro) services at 30 per cent capacity starting Sept 1 according to previous working hours for public transit while abiding by MoPH instructions.
- Testing all workers of public transit system and stations for COVID-19
- Providing supervisors to ensure all precautionary measures are being followed
- Encouraging customers to pre-book ride tickets online
- Allowing entry only for those with “green” status on EHTERAZ App and those who wear facemasks
- Banning smoking at entrances of public transit and following instructions on guidance posters
- Banning eating and drinking inside stations and on public transit system
- Surfaces are continuously sterilized
- Social distancing posters, footmarks and signs are place on walls, floors and seats
- Hand sanitizer stations are installed