Normal and successful traffic witnessed at Kuwait airport
A total of 42,410 passengers, including 28,414 departing passengers, have used Kuwait airport for commercial flights since it reopened on August 1.
The passengers were carried on 534 flights, including 285 for departure sit out of Kuwait, Saad Al Otaibi, spokesman for Kuwait’s Directorate-General for Civil Aviation (DGCA) said.
“The Kuwaiti airport is witnessing normal and successful traffic,” he said.
According to the official, all passengers arriving in Kuwait, whether citizens or expatriates, must present a PCR coronavirus certificate in English issued by one of the laboratories accredited by the competent authorities in Kuwait, valid no more than 72 hours from the date of collection of the sample, in order to prove that the passenger is free of the virus.
Earlier this month, Kuwait announced banning entry of travellers from 31 “high-risk” countries until further notice on instructions from Kuwaiti health authorities.
Al Otaibi said DGCA has made no changes to the ban list. “Health authorities revise the decision thoroughly every 10 days in order to see how the health conditions have improved in those countries,” he said.
Those countries include India, Pakistan, Egypt, and the Philippines that have large communities of expatriates in Kuwait.
Also, Kuwait decided to move to the fourth phase of the gradual return to normal life from Tuesday, August 18. It was also decided to allow some of the activities listed in the fifth phase to operate during the fourth phase while adhering to health requirements, which includes sports and health clubs, personal care shops, salons and barbershops, tailoring shops etc.