Mahboula and Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh to be free from isolation
In an meeting today, Kuwait cabinet decided to remove the isolation from the Mahboula and Jleeb area.
The meeting today was headed by His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled, the Cabinet approved the recommendation of the Corona Emergency Committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Anas Al-Saleh.
Kuwait has opened shopping malls, allowed 30 per cent of private and public sector employees to return to work, and has put in place a new partial curfew from 8pm to 5am as part of Phase 2 of its efforts to reopen the economy. Although there is no unified protocol, most shopping malls have imposed mandatory rules requiring visitors to wear masks at all times, and have limited the number of customers per store while implementing the two-metre distance rule throughout their premises.
Kuwait health authorities have detected 919 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, according to health officials. Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad as saying that Kuwait’s total number of cases now stands at 47,859.
- India – Hundreds test positive for Covid19 at Kumbh Mela
- EU decides not to renew AstraZeneca and J&J contracts
- CBSE Board exams for Grade 10 cancelled, Grade 12 postponed
- Kuwait approves new hiring of health workers from Pakistan
- Sharjah Airport updates PCR test rules for travellers
- Covid19 – Australia decides against buying J&J over blood clot concerns
- Egg shortage continues in Kuwait
- Pakistan : Over 12 injured in a blast at football ground in Karachi
- Covid19 – Pfizer to deliver 10% more doses to the US by the end of May
- Maharashtra – curfew in the state starting tomorrow