Mahboula and Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh to be free from isolation
In an meeting today, Kuwait cabinet decided to remove the isolation from the Mahboula and Jleeb area.
The meeting today was headed by His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled, the Cabinet approved the recommendation of the Corona Emergency Committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Anas Al-Saleh.
Kuwait has opened shopping malls, allowed 30 per cent of private and public sector employees to return to work, and has put in place a new partial curfew from 8pm to 5am as part of Phase 2 of its efforts to reopen the economy. Although there is no unified protocol, most shopping malls have imposed mandatory rules requiring visitors to wear masks at all times, and have limited the number of customers per store while implementing the two-metre distance rule throughout their premises.
Kuwait health authorities have detected 919 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, according to health officials. Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad as saying that Kuwait’s total number of cases now stands at 47,859.
- In the midst of a soaring pandemic, Sushyanth Sridhar brings us his debut novel
- AstraZeneca rejects German reports questioning efficacy of the vaccine
- Indonesia’s Mount Merapi erupts again
- Moderns claims Vaccine to be effective against new variant
- USA- Biden overturns Trump’s ban on transgender in Military
- USA-Meet the Indian-origin lawmakers
- Sharjah to set up COVID-19 field hospital for patients requiring intensive care
- Samsung says smartwatch ECG, blood pressure measurement will go live in 31 more countries
- Doha named second safest city in the world
- Bahrain approves use of AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine