Kuwaiti woman put into quarantine after breaching self-isolation
A Kuwaiti woman has been forced to go into quarantine after breaching self-isolation rules, according to the country’s Ministry of Interior.
The unnamed woman had posted a video showing her non-compliance with self-isolation as a precautionary measure against the coronavirus by going to the Blood Bank for donation.
The ministry urged citizens and residents to abide by all instructions issued by authorities regarding the fight against Covid-19, warning the violators would inevitably face legal action.
As of today, 11 people tested positive in Kuwait today with coronavirus, bringing the total number of persons infected with the virus to 159.
Minister of Health Sheikh Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced Friday that four more patients recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number to 22.
The coronavirus pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 10,000 people globally, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The disease is infecting people at a faster rate now — it took three months for the first 100,000 cases, but only 12 days for the next 100,000, according to the World Health Organization.
The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy rose in the last 24 hours to more than 3,400, overtaking the total number of deaths so far registered in China, officials said, as the tally worldwide nears 10,000. The number of infections in Italy has also risen to more than 41,000, while cases in Germany, Iran and Spain rose to more than 15,000 each. Cases in the US also surged past 13,000, while the number of deaths hit 200, forcing the state of California to order a state-wide lock down.
- Oman private sector allowed to reserve vaccine for employeesOman private sector allowed to reserve vaccine for employees English leading daily in Oman has reported that private sector companies […]
- All Kuwait citizens, expats above age 65 have been vaccinatedAll Kuwait citizens, expats above age 65 have been vaccinated The Ministry of Health’s spokesman, Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad, announced […]
- Kuwait: Return of expats to be further delayedKuwait: Return of expats to be further delayed As the number of “Corona” infection and hospitalization among the expatriates in […]
- Covid19 – Diners at Paris restaurant fined for violating protocolsCovid19 – Diners at Paris restaurant fined for violating protocols Paris police said late Saturday that they had fined more […]
- 3000-year-old lost city discovered in Egypt3000-year-old lost city discovered in Egypt Archaeologists showed off their finds at what they say is the “largest” ancient city […]
- Rare tropical Cyclone Seroja approaches western AustraliaRare tropical Cyclone Seroja approaches western Australia Seroja is expected to bring widespread impacts across the region Sunday evening and […]
- Caribbean Island covered in Ash post volcanic eruptionCaribbean Island covered in Ash post volcanic eruption The tiny eastern Caribbean island of Saint Vincent was blanketed with a […]
- Covid19 – India crosses 100 million vaccination markCovid19 – India crosses 100 million vaccination mark India has administered more than 100 million doses of coronavirus vaccines amid […]
- China – 21 coal miners trapped underground due to floodsChina – 21 coal miners trapped underground due to floods Eight miners have been rescued and 21 remain trapped in […]
- Saudi Arabia allows walk-in vaccinations for people aged 75 and overSaudi Arabia allows walk-in vaccinations for people aged 75 and over Saudi health authorities have allowed walk-in inoculation against COVID-19 […]
- Qatar shuts cinemas, beauty salons, barber shops as infections riseQatar shuts cinemas, beauty salons, barber shops as infections rise Qatar has announced new restrictions including the closure of cinemas […]
- India – All private vaccination centres shut till Monday in MumbaiIndia – All private vaccination centres shut till Monday in Mumbai Private vaccination centers will remain closed in Mumbai for […]
- Vaccinations resume in Oman as stocks replenishedVaccinations resume in Oman as stocks replenished COVID-19 vaccinations have resumed in Oman in various governorates as the shortfall in […]
- Mosques in Bahrain open for vaccinated and recovered worshippers onlyMosques in Bahrain open for vaccinated and recovered worshippers only Bahrain has announced it will open mosques across the Kingdom […]