Kuwaiti woman put into quarantine after breaching self-isolation
A Kuwaiti woman has been forced to go into quarantine after breaching self-isolation rules, according to the country’s Ministry of Interior.
The unnamed woman had posted a video showing her non-compliance with self-isolation as a precautionary measure against the coronavirus by going to the Blood Bank for donation.
The ministry urged citizens and residents to abide by all instructions issued by authorities regarding the fight against Covid-19, warning the violators would inevitably face legal action.
As of today, 11 people tested positive in Kuwait today with coronavirus, bringing the total number of persons infected with the virus to 159.
Minister of Health Sheikh Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced Friday that four more patients recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number to 22.
The coronavirus pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 10,000 people globally, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The disease is infecting people at a faster rate now — it took three months for the first 100,000 cases, but only 12 days for the next 100,000, according to the World Health Organization.
The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy rose in the last 24 hours to more than 3,400, overtaking the total number of deaths so far registered in China, officials said, as the tally worldwide nears 10,000. The number of infections in Italy has also risen to more than 41,000, while cases in Germany, Iran and Spain rose to more than 15,000 each. Cases in the US also surged past 13,000, while the number of deaths hit 200, forcing the state of California to order a state-wide lock down.
- Kuwait: 400 expat ministry employees to be sackedKuwait: 400 expat ministry employees to be sacked Kuwait’s Minister of Public Works and Minister of State for Housing Affairs, […]
- Kuwait: Indian Embassy request people to provide valid contact detailsKuwait: Indian Embassy request people to provide valid contact details The Indian Embassy in Kuwait requests people to include their […]
- Kuwait: How To Pay Electricity & Water Bills OnlineKuwait: How To Pay Electricity & Water Bills Online The discovery of oil in Kuwait, which is still the main […]
- Pakistan to send 100,000 skilled workers to KuwaitPakistan to send 100,000 skilled workers to Kuwait In an effort to increase remittances, the Pakistani Minister of Expatriates and […]
- Kuwait: 30,000 expats face fines for expired residency permitsKuwait: 30,000 expats face fines for expired residency permits Around 30,000 expatriates in Kuwait are becoming illegals and face accumulated […]
- Kuwait Municipality cancels spring camping seasonKuwait Municipality cancels spring camping season Kuwait Municipality on Thursday said it will be cancelling this year’s camping season leaning […]
- Kuwait: Real estate sector warns about the negative effect of demographic lawKuwait: Real estate sector warns about the negative effect of demographic law The real estate sector has warned against enacting […]
- 95% of government jobs now held by Kuwaitis95% of government jobs now held by Kuwaitis Kuwaitis account for over 95 per cent of employees in the Ministry […]
- DGCA to reopen restaurants & prayer rooms at Kuwait International AirportDGCA to reopen restaurants & prayer rooms at Kuwait International Airport The Executive Committee for the restarting of Commercial operation […]
- Kuwait: Authorities reiterated KD 2 fine per day for expired residencyKuwait: Authorities reiterated KD 2 fine per day for expired residency The sources at residency affairs stated that sponsors of […]
- Kuwait National Assembly finalising demographic imbalance billKuwait National Assembly finalising demographic imbalance bill The Human Resources committee at Kuwait’s National Assembly has reviewed and will finalise […]
- Kuwait’s COVID-19 cases pass 100,000 markKuwait’s COVID-19 cases pass 100,000 mark Kuwait’s overall new coronavirus infections Tuesday surpassed the 100,000 mark. The Health Ministry confirmed […]
- Computer dealers cracked down for hiking laptops prices in KuwaitComputer dealers cracked down for hiking laptops prices in Kuwait The Ministry of Commerce has cracked down on computer dealers […]
- Kuwait: Registration for Emergency Certificate continuesKuwait: Registration for Emergency Certificate continues Indian Embassy today clarified that the registration drive for Indian Engineers is not only […]