Kuwaiti woman put into quarantine after breaching self-isolation
A Kuwaiti woman has been forced to go into quarantine after breaching self-isolation rules, according to the country’s Ministry of Interior.
The unnamed woman had posted a video showing her non-compliance with self-isolation as a precautionary measure against the coronavirus by going to the Blood Bank for donation.
The ministry urged citizens and residents to abide by all instructions issued by authorities regarding the fight against Covid-19, warning the violators would inevitably face legal action.
As of today, 11 people tested positive in Kuwait today with coronavirus, bringing the total number of persons infected with the virus to 159.
Minister of Health Sheikh Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced Friday that four more patients recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number to 22.
The coronavirus pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 10,000 people globally, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The disease is infecting people at a faster rate now — it took three months for the first 100,000 cases, but only 12 days for the next 100,000, according to the World Health Organization.
The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy rose in the last 24 hours to more than 3,400, overtaking the total number of deaths so far registered in China, officials said, as the tally worldwide nears 10,000. The number of infections in Italy has also risen to more than 41,000, while cases in Germany, Iran and Spain rose to more than 15,000 each. Cases in the US also surged past 13,000, while the number of deaths hit 200, forcing the state of California to order a state-wide lock down.
- Italian Painting – Salvator Mundi FoundItalian Painting – Salvator Mundi Found A stolen copy of Leonardo da Vinci’s 500-year-old Salvator Mundi was found by police […]
- Lockdown extended in GermanyLockdown extended in Germany On Tuesday, the Chancellor of Germany and state premiers agreed to extend the lockdown for most […]
- Nepal detects new Covid19 strainNepal detects new Covid19 strain Health Ministry of Nepal confirms that three new cases of the new Covid19 strain has […]
- Snowstorm hits JapanSnowstorm hits Japan Hundreds of cars were left stranded when a snowstorm hit Japan, covering a major travel route with […]
- USA-Army National Guard Members removed from inauguration dutyUSA-Army National Guard Members removed from inauguration duty Two guards were removed from the inauguration duty as a part of […]
- Emergency use of vaccine approved in BrazilEmergency use of vaccine approved in Brazil Currently, Brazil has 6 million doses of Sinovac’s CoronaVac ready to be distributed […]
- Kuwait allows expat teachers to travel for school breakKuwait allows expat teachers to travel for school break Kuwaiti authorities have given the nod to expatriate teachers to travel […]
- Kuwait: Visa violations reach a record 180,000Kuwait: Visa violations reach a record 180,000 Visa violations in Kuwait have hit a new record, with around 180,000 expats […]
- Kuwait reports two cases of new COVID-19 variantKuwait reports two cases of new COVID-19 variant Two Kuwaiti women who returned from Britain were found to be infected […]
- Kuwait: Teachers to be vaccinated at beginning of second semesterKuwait: Teachers to be vaccinated at beginning of second semester On Monday, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of […]
- USA: New rule for passengers arriving in the countryUSA: New rule for passengers arriving in the country The USA has a new rule for international passengers or those […]
- Kuwait: Education and Health ministries discuss plans for gradual opening of schoolsKuwait: Education and Health ministries discuss plans for gradual opening of schools Minister of Education Dr. Ali Al-Mudhaf today chaired […]
- Oman to close land borders again to curb the virusOman to close land borders again to curb the virus Oman will close its land borders for one week from […]
- UAE: Bahrain added to Abu Dhabi’s travel ‘green list’UAE: Bahrain added to Abu Dhabi’s travel ‘green list’ Passengers from Bahrain arriving in Abu Dhabi are exempted from a […]