Kuwait reports 915 COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths
Kuwait health authorities have detected 915 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, according to health officials.
Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad as saying that Kuwait’s total number of cases now stands at 43,702.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said.
Additionally, 2 more deaths stemming from the virus were reported. Kuwait’s total Covid-19 death toll now stands at 341.
In the last 24 hours, 602 people recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 33,969. The recovered will be transferred to the hospital recuperation ward, pending their discharge within the next few days.
Kuwait cabinet announced on Thursday that the second phase of going back to normalcy would begin on June 30, Tuesday, with curfew hours shortened to 8:00 pm until 5:00 am local-time.
On June 30, government and ministerial entities will allow public and government employees to resume work according to specific decisions made by the cabinet in the overall plan to bring back normal life in the country.
The price of Kuwaiti oil fell by USD 1.72 to USD 35.19 per barrel on Thursday, compared with USD 36.91 per barrel a day earlier, said Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC).
Globally, the price of the Brent crude rose by 74 cents to USD 41.05 per barrel, and the West Texas Intermediate also went by USD 71 cents to USD 38.72 per barrel.
Since the coronavirus emerged in China late last year and spread worldwide, more than 9.4 million people have contracted it, according to Johns Hopkins. The university has tallied more than 482,914 deaths from the disease it causes, COVID-19.