Kuwait records 710 new COVID-19 cases as economy reopens

497

Kuwait records 710 new COVID-19 cases as economy reopens

Kuwait on Wednesday, reported 710 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours, taking to 29359 its infection tally, the Health Ministry said.

The Health Ministry also reported 4 more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 230 the total such fatalities in Kuwait.

All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.

Health Minister Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced, on Wednesday, the recovery of 1,469 people from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 15,750.

The Ministry of Interior stated that on Tuesday, 2nd June. 13 people violated the curfew law, From these 12 were Kuwaiti and one expat.

More than 6.39 million people have been reported infected with the new coronavirus globally and 379,433 have died. Infections have been reported in more than 210 countries since the first cases were identified in China last December.

Jazeera Airways and AirAsia will allow doctors and other front-line workers to travel for free, with 50,000 tickets on offer by each. These airlines providing free round-trip tickets to frontline heroes fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

Kuwait Ministry of Interior stated that the residents of the isolated areas are allowed to leave their homes, within the curfew area only but are not allowed to go out of their area even with curfew permit. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.

More:

Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.