Kuwait records 562 new COVID-19 cases as economy reopens

527

Kuwait records 562 new COVID-19 cases as economy reopens

Kuwait on Thursday, reported 562 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours, taking to 29,921 its infection tally, the Health Ministry said.

The Health Ministry also reported 6 more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 236 the total such fatalities in Kuwait.

All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.

Health Minister Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced, on Wednesday, the recovery of 1,473 people from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 17223.

Jazeera Airways and AirAsia will allow doctors and other front-line workers to travel for free, with 50,000 tickets on offer by each. These airlines providing free round-trip tickets to frontline heroes fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

Kuwait Ministry of Interior stated that the residents of the isolated areas are allowed to leave their homes, within the curfew area only but are not allowed to go out of their area even with curfew permit. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.

More:

Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.