‘Kuwait Mosafer’ app launched by DGCA for all travellers
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has launched a new application called “Kuwait Traveler” for all passengers traveling departing and arriving to and from Kuwait. Commercial flights at Kuwait International Airport will resume from 1st Aug.
The application has been developed keeping in three aspects to protect health of passengers, airport employees and by raising awareness by following travel procedures to ensure that passengers enjoy the highest levels of protection at every step during travel.
Sources stated that civil aviation is keen to follow the highest international standards in converting all travel requirements to be electronic. On the most important features that the website will provide to the departing and arriving travellers to the country are the following:
- Providing the traveler with a special bar code that enables them to enter Kuwait International Airport, where the barcode will be one of the compulsory requirements for entering the airport gates, baggage areas and waiting areas
- All the travelers information and personal information will have to be entered to verify his travel information
- Passengers can sign a pledge that precedes the departure procedures
- The application enables the passenger to upload his PCR certificate stating that they are free from the virus
- Attach health insurance for all departing citizens
- Provide all information to travelers on procedural and health requirements to complete travel procedures.
The application can be accessed via mobile phone, laptop or PC, and a 24-hour call and assistance center is available to answer inquiries or address any technical challenges.
Passengers coming to the State of Kuwait must register with this application and enter the required data the results of the PCR test four days before the flight date.
The application is one of many initiatives launched by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation to ensure that the airport is operating in accordance with international standards and of the highest quality.