Kuwait confirms 25 new cases of coronavirus, Total 342
Kuwait’s health ministry on Thursday announced 25 new coronavirus cases, bringing to 342 the total number of infections reported over the last 24 hours in the country.
6 cases are related to travel, which includes 5 citizen and 1 Filipino resident.
9 cases are for those under contact with confirmed cases. This include 8 Indian and 1 Bangladeshi.
The case of other 10 people are under investigation, which includes 6 Indians, 3 Bangladeshi and 1 Egyptian resident.
A total of 261 COVID-19 sufferers are still receiving treatment, 15 of which are in intensive care unit, 10 patients are in stable condition, while five are critical, Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad, Health Ministry’s spokesperson, said during a press conference.
He said the total recoveries reaches 81.
Most cases reported in Kuwait are linked to travel while the newly infected people were in contact with the previously diagnosed patients.
Kuwaiti authorities have repeatedly urged citizens to follow guidelines and instructions given by local entities and the World Health Organisation, such as maintaining social distancing and home quarantine measures.