Kuwait: Christian sites closed and ban on gatherings until January 10
Kuwait has temporarily closed Christian religious sites and banned mass gatherings amid concerns over the spread of the coronavirus, according to local media.
The government decided to close the Christian places of worship and ban gatherings in public places during religious feasts starting from Thursday until January 10 to limit the spread of the highly infectious disease, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA said.
The government also urged citizens and foreign residents to abide by health precautions including observance of physical distancing on different occasions.
Kuwait so far has reported a total of 149,017 virus cases and 926 related deaths.
The Gulf country launched Thursday its vaccination campaign against COVID-19. The Kuwaiti Health Ministry said that the “experimental” start of the vaccinations was successful and that no side effects have been monitored in the people who received the first doses of the vaccine.