Kuwait Announces 717 New COVID-19 Cases and 923 Recoveries
Kuwait Ministry of Health announced, Sunday, 717 new infections of the coronavirus (COVID-19), raising the total to 31,848.
The Health Ministry also reported 10 more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 264 the total such fatalities in Kuwait. Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 11,379 patients.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
#Kuwait Ministry of Health said on Sunday 923 patients have recovered from the novel #coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 20,205.
Kuwait will take delivery of the first shipment of Favipiravir, an anti-viral medication sold under the brand name Avigan, from Japan next week, the Health Ministry said. The medication donated by the Japanese government with support from the UN comes after clinical trials on several slight and medium cases of the coronavirus cases have shown promising results, according to a health official.
Jazeera Airways and AirAsia will allow doctors and other front-line workers to travel for free, with 50,000 tickets on offer by each. These airlines providing free round-trip tickets to frontline heroes fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kuwait Ministry of Interior stated that the residents of the isolated areas are allowed to leave their homes, within the curfew area only but are not allowed to go out of their area even with curfew permit. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.