Kuwait Announces 609 new COVID-19 cases In 24 Hours
Kuwait on Thursday, announced 609 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of COVID-19 infections in the country to 34,432 according to a statement from the Ministry of Health.
The Health Ministry also reported 4 more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 279 the total such fatalities in Kuwait. Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 10,016 patients.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
The Ministry of the Interior stated that 268 inmates in the central prison were infected with the coronavirus, confirming that 225 cases had been cured, while the rest of the cases are under isolation subject to follow-up and recovery.
Meanwhile, A number of health workers under various Ministries, who are currently held up in India due to the suspension of airline operation, will be coming back to Kuwait on special flights from soon. Doctors, Nurses and other medical-related technical professionals who were on vacation before the lockdown and was held up in India are called to return to Kuwait.
The Public Authority Authority for Housing Welfare has worked out contracts of commitment with private entrepreneurs to execute housing development ventures worth USD 495 million in Jaber Al-Ahmad and Sabah Al-Ahmad. Announcing the deal that bonds the public and private sectors, Minister of Public Works and Minister of State for Housing Affairs Dr. Rana Al-Fares said in a statement on Thursday that granting the investment opportunity to the developers – whom she did not name – was in line with the Cabinet Resolution 32/2016, its clarifications, and the Law of Partnership between the Public and Private Sectors 116/2014.
The Minister of Oil, addressing a parliamentary committee session, said the non-Kuwaitis would not be hired in the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and its subsidiary for the year 2020-2021 and their numbers as to special contracts would be trimmed. Minister of Oil and the State Minister for Electricity and Water Dr Khaled Al-Fadhel, warned that he would not be inactive toward layoff of Kuwaiti citizens serving in the national petroleum companies.
Meanwhile, Kuwait Ministry of Interior stated that the residents of the isolated areas are allowed to leave their homes, within the curfew area only but are not allowed to go out of their area even with curfew permit. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.