Kuwait Announces 454 new COVID-19 Cases, 7 More Deaths
The Ministry of Health announced, Sunday, 454 new infections of the coronavirus (COVID-19), raising the total to 35,920. Deaths reached 296 with the addition of 7 fatalities.
In the last 24 hours, 877 cases were recovered making the total recovery to 26,752. Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 8,865 patients.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
Kuwait Health officials analyzed infection rates in all areas of Kuwait, there is a tendency to isolate some areas and remove isolation from others most notably Hawally that came out of the list of the highest-affected areas since Tuesday 26 May last, as per sources.
Sources said that positive indicators are still being achieved in the isolated areas according to the results of the evaluation expected to be submitted to the Minister of Health stating that the Hawally region is at the forefront of the areas that registered positive indicators and indications are strong that isolation will be removed from this area, but the decision remains entirely on subject to what it will produce the latest results, and the extent to which the numbers and rates of infections have been consistently proven.
Kuwait announced the opening of a new bridge on the Fifth Ring Road, opposite Al-Andalus area in both directions (Salmiya and Kairouan).
Meanwhile, Kuwait Ministry of Interior stated that the residents of the isolated areas are allowed to leave their homes, within the curfew area only but are not allowed to go out of their area even with curfew permit. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.