Indian Embassy issues press release on Amnesty
As per the latest Directives of Ministry of Interior Kuwait, regarding travel of expatriates back to their countries without payment of penalty/fine for violation of ‘Residency Rules’, following guidelines may be noted by the Indian community in Kuwait.
1. All Indian expatriates without valid Residency/Visa (Residency not obtained at all /Residency not renewed timely /or has a valid Residency, but intend to return to India) must utilize this opportunity to leave Kuwait before 22nd February 2018.
2. Expatriates (under Visa Article Numbers 18 & 20) with absconding cases (registered by sponsor/company) can leave Kuwait during this period using valid Passport OR a travel document, i.e. Emergency Certificate (EC), to be issued by the Embassy.
3. Expatriates with “travel ban” (due to civil/criminal cases etc.) shall not be allowed to leave the country during this period. First, they have to obtain proper clearance from the concerned Authorities/Court/Ministry of Justice, Kuwait.
4. Those who are in possession of valid Passports (with air ticket) and not under travel ban can directly approach Airport Immigration Authorities for clearance and exit.
5. Those who do not have valid Passports, will have to;
a. Obtain an EC from the Embassy.
b. Along with EC, please approach Residency department (Passport) offices at various Governorates in Kuwait from where Residency/visa of individual was initially processed. EC will be verified and stamped at special counters (from 7 am to 2.30 pm) which will enable individual to travel.
c. EC forms (free of cost) are available at the Embassy and individual has to pay a fee of Five KD (5 KD) only while submitting duly filled in EC applications. Individual has to personally collect EC from the Embassy on the due date of delivery.