Huge decrease in the number of expatriate in Kuwait

135
Huge decrease in the number of expatriate in Kuwait

Huge decrease in the number of expatriate in Kuwait

73.7 percent of employees in the public sector are Kuwaiti nationals, as per the latest statistics issued by the Central Statistical Bureau. According to report the total number of employees in the public sector is 390,000 in which 73.7 percent are Kuwaitis and remaining 26.3 percent are expatriates.

The number of Kuwaiti employees in the public sector has increased by 17 percent compared to their number in 2013.

According to the report, there is a huge decrease in the number of expatriates in general. In 2017, the number of expatriates witnessed a growth of 1.9 percent, while in 2016 the growth rate was 4.8 percent.