COVID-19: Kuwait reports 919 new coronavirus cases, 1 death
Kuwait health authorities have detected 919 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, according to health officials.
Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad as saying that Kuwait’s total number of cases now stands at 47,859.
Additionally, 1 more deaths stemming from the virus were reported. Kuwait’s total COVID-19 death toll now stands at 359.
In the last 24 hours, 675 people recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 38,390. The recovered patients will be transferred to the hospital recuperation ward, pending their discharge within the next few days.
Kuwait has opened shopping malls, allowed 30 per cent of private and public sector employees to return to work, and has put in place a new partial curfew from 8pm to 5am as part of Phase 2 of its efforts to reopen the economy. Although there is no unified protocol, most shopping malls have imposed mandatory rules requiring visitors to wear masks at all times, and have limited the number of customers per store while implementing the two-metre distance rule throughout their premises.
The Council of Ministers approved operation of commercial flights for arrivals and departures from Kuwait International Airport starting from 1st August, with an operations of not more than 30% in the first stage as per health requirements with a 3 stage plan implementation.
Since the coronavirus emerged in China late last year and spread worldwide, more than 10.7 million people have contracted it, according to Johns Hopkins. The university has tallied more than 516,686 deaths from the disease it causes, COVID-19.
- Kuwait proposes to end travel ban and enforce institutional quarantine
- Kuwait: More than 197,000 people leave in three months
- Kuwait Cabinet approves decree for parliament elections
- Kuwait enforces ban on hanging clothes in public
- Kuwait government raises alarm about Covid-19
- Kuwait: CSC announce public holiday on October 29th
- Muscat International Airport first in Middle East to get health accreditation certificate