COVID-19: Kuwait reports 813 new coronavirus cases, 1 death
Kuwait health authorities have detected 813 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, according to health officials.
Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad as saying that Kuwait’s total number of cases now stands at 48,672.
Additionally, 1 more deaths stemming from the virus were reported. Kuwait’s total COVID-19 death toll now stands at 360.
In the last 24 hours, 886 people recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 39,272. The recovered patients will be transferred to the hospital recuperation ward, pending their discharge within the next few days.
Kuwait cabinet decided to remove the isolation from the Mahboula and Jleeb area. The meeting today was headed by His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled, the Cabinet approved the recommendation of the Corona Emergency Committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Anas Al-Saleh.
Kuwait has opened shopping malls, allowed 30 per cent of private and public sector employees to return to work, and has put in place a new partial curfew from 8pm to 5am as part of Phase 2 of its efforts to reopen the economy. Although there is no unified protocol, most shopping malls have imposed mandatory rules requiring visitors to wear masks at all times, and have limited the number of customers per store while implementing the two-metre distance rule throughout their premises.
The Council of Ministers approved operation of commercial flights for arrivals and departures from Kuwait International Airport starting from 1st August, with an operations of not more than 30% in the first stage as per health requirements with a 3 stage plan implementation.
- India – Maharashtra heading towards a complete lockdown
- UN – World running out time to tackle global climate crisis
- UK – PM Boris Johnson cancels India visit due to Covid19 situation
- Bahrain: Jail for those eating in public during Ramadan
- USA issues travel advisory against India due to surge in Covid19 cases
- Philippines lifts ban on sending domestic workers to Kuwait
- PCR test guideline for India – Dubai passengers changed
- India – Latest updates on Covid19
- India: All above 18 eligible to get COVID-19 vaccine