COVID-19: Kuwait reports 541 new cases In 24 Hours
The Ministry of Health announced, Wednesday, 541 new infections of the coronavirus (COVID-19), raising the total to 38074. Deaths reached 306 with the addition of 3 fatalities.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said.
In the last 24 hours, 616 people recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 29,512. The recovered will be transferred to the hospital recuperation ward, pending their discharge within the next few days.
Kuwait Health authorities are studying a request to change the partial curfew period for the second stage from 9 pm to 6 am, to instead start from 6pm and end at 4 am. The health authorities are planning to present a comprehensive evaluation in the first stage, including the rate of infections in their areas, especially those under lockdown before a decision will be taken for lifting the lockdown or implementing the measure in other areas.
Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.
Since the coronavirus emerged in China late last year and spread worldwide, more than 8.3 million people have contracted it, according to Johns Hopkins.The university has tallied more than 449,000 deaths from the disease it causes, COVID-19.