COVID-19: Kuwait announces 598 new coronavirus cases, 7 Deaths

486
COVID-19: Kuwait announces 1065 new coronavirus cases, 9 Deaths

COVID-19: Kuwait announces 598 new coronavirus cases, 7 Deaths

Kuwait on Monday confirmed 598 new coronavirus cases, taking to 9,286 its infection tally, the Health Ministry said.

The ministry also reported 7 more deaths from COVID-19, bringing to 65 the total such fatalities in Kuwait.

Kuwait Health Ministry said 178 recovered from coronavirus in #Kuwait, total 2,907

The health minister said recent daily cases have been on a rise after Kuwaiti citizens were repatriated from abroad, which they have expected.

Kuwait imposes a total curfew in the country till May 30 to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Kuwait Municipality announced on Monday that grocery stores are permitted to deliver foodstuffs and other commodities to nearby residents during the full curfew enacted yesterday afternoon.

No vehicle can be used in the home delivery of groceries, it said, noting that the grocery stores are not allowed to receive shoppers.

More:

Once total curfew begins everyone is permitted to walk in their own residential area without the use of an vehicle from 4:30 to 6:30.

Kuwait Minister of Health Sheikh Dr. Basel Al-Sabah said that there will be a gradual opening keeping in view of precautionary measures after the period of a total lockdown.

Globally, the death toll due to Covid-19 has gone up to 282,727 with over four million infections reported so far, according to Johns Hopkins University tally.