7 Healthy Egg Breakfast Recipes
Rich in protein (about 6 grams each) but low in calories, eggs are a smart start to your day. And since they’re so versatile, you can get creative and whip them into a dozen different healthy egg breakfast ideas, including savory scrambles, grab-and-go burritos, and more.
So grab a carton and prepare to make your mornings a lot more delicious with some of the best healthy egg breakfast recipes.
1Mexican Egg Scramble
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canned black beans
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Scramble 2 eggs with 1/4 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained) and 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
- Top with 2 tablespoons salsa, or to taste.
- 1 egg
- herbs and spices, to taste
- Beat a raw egg with milk, pour into a microwave-safe mug, and heat for 60 seconds.
- Season with herbs or spices, if desired.
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites (or 6 whole eggs)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 cups finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Whisk together the eggs, cream cheese (or yogurt), salt, and pepper.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the egg white mixture and cook until it begins to set.
- Immediately add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
- To serve: Slide the frittata onto a cutting board and cut into four wedges. Serve two wedges and two slices of toast on each plate. Garnish with pepper and additional fresh basil.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Crack egg into a dish. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil; reduce heat to low. Add a tablespoon of vinegar, then stir the water to create a vortex.
- Pour the egg into the center of the vortex and cook for three minutes, or until the yolk reaches your desired doneness.
- 1-5 eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray or splash of oil
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray or add oil.
- Bring skillet to medium heat, crack an egg into the skillet, and cook until the whites are set, about 3 minutes.
6Egg-White Muffin Melt
- 3 egg whites
- Whole-grain English muffin
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice tomato
- Scramble 3 egg whites.
- Cover half of a whole-grain English muffin with 1/2 cup spinach and the other half with 1 slice cheddar cheese; toast until cheese is melted.
- Add eggs and 1 slice tomato.
- 2–3 eggs
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (optional)
- Fill steamer pot with steamer attachment with water. Bring to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, whisk eggs together with water or low-sodium chicken broth. Add the mixture to a large bowl or individual cups. Reduce heat to a simmer, and place the bowl or cups on the steamer. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, or until eggs reach desired doneness.