3 DIY Face masks to make at home
Some people visit spas to maintain a healthy, youthful appearance, yet these trips can be costly over time. The benefits are undeniable, but what if you can get the same results with a homemade face mask?
By using ingredients found right in your kitchen, you can help your skin rejuvenate!
- Avocado face mask –
- ½ avocado
- ½ very ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 drops essential oil (optional) – this can be any essential oil.
- Peel banana and avocado and place in bowl Add olive oil.
- Add essential oil (if desired)
- Mash ingredients and mix well. You can mash with a wooden spoon, potato masher, or food processor.
- Keep it on for 10 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Turmeric face mask –
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats (ground into oat flour in food processor)
- 1 tablespoon manuka honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Apply over the sink, on a clean face.
- Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off gently with warm water. You may need to wash your face a couple times to remove the yellow tint.
- Coconut oil and honey –
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, and 1 Tablespoon honey.
- If you are doing the coconut oil face mask with lemon juice:
- Use 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, 2 teaspoons honey, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix your raw honey and coconut oil together until you have a sticky (well-mixed) texture. It may seem thick at first, but the honey and coconut oil will actually warm up and soften on your face, so be prepared for a few drips!
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.